Monday, February 18, 2013

To Walk With You*-

I might have posted this on this blog already. Not sure. But I love it cause it is more of a prayer then a poem.


To Walk With You

make me a child in your presence Lord,
For I am so thankful that you are my Father.
Walk with me along this path
Rejoice with me in times of happiness
Forgive me when I choose not to listen to your words.
Pick me up when I have fallen
Sit and talk with me when I'm weak and feel as if I can't go on.
Hold me when I am broken
Make me beautiful through the suffering.
teach me how to become more like you as I look up to you for guidance day after day.
When I rebel, remind me how much I need you
For I truly am a helpless child.
I only survive by your grace, and the many things you provide for me.
tell me yes, and tell me no.
for only you know what's best for me.
Help me to see my brothers and sisters on my journey
to remember that you gave us to each other
and that we need each other,
as you constantly remind us that we cannot do it on our own.
we all do our part in your family Father.
Our one goal is to love and serve you
to strive to obey you in all we do
and to run to you when we're hurt,
when we're full of joy,
when we have a question that needs an answer,
and when we just want to talk.
to be able to wake up in the morning and say
I love you father
to spend the whole day in your presence
so that we may sleep knowing that you are watching over us all the while.
that, truly is the greatest gift,
to know that after having ran away you welcome me with open arms.
you forget the ways I've hurt you and give me a fresh start every day
Father today I want to live for you and only you,
to please you in everything that I do.
I'll take your hand and walk with you,
its what I've be longing to do.


Yours Truly,
Charissa

No comments:

Post a Comment