Monday, February 18, 2013

Another Poem From the Past

I'm not sure why I wrote this poem. I know it wasn't about anyone specific, just a feeling. But it's been awhile since I've thought about it. Maybe I will remember someday!


Free

I want to be free
to feel the rush of the wind on my back
the sun warm on my face
the sand beneath my feet
won't you take me there?
to the place where I long to be?
where everything is perfect.
I wished you'd come with me.
I'd teach you how to laugh
at the stupid things I do
and maybe then you would learn
to laugh at yourself too
come walk with me
along the shore
just to see its beauty
I couldn't ask for anything more
a beautiful night with stars above
it might seem plain and dull to you
but this is my language of love
the beauty of the evening sky
tells more than you could imagine
and I'll teach you how to never be shy
you shouldn't hide your beautiful eyes
the thing that I first noticed about you
I know it's crazy, but it's true
so come away
just for today
to the shore line
where we can be free


Yours Truly,
Charissa

No comments:

Post a Comment