Sunday, July 15, 2012

Red

The blood we all bleed
The flower that came from a seed
Energy
Energy, that I desperately need

Out of every other shade and hue
I still seem to always find you
And all the while
All this time, he knew

As the sun goes down you make your way
Across the sky for another day
Beauty
Beauty, in the things that he would say

You know that you mean love to me
And I find love in all I see
Running through my veins
The passion to set free

From all life's chains
We found a hope that still remains
And anger
It takes away from what we could gain

So I'll think of you, the color red
The meaning and the things he said
As God, and all the ones I love
Come rushing through my head

Late at night, while I lie awake in bed.


 

Yours Truly,
Charissa



No comments:

Post a Comment