Thursday, October 4, 2012

Savior

I fall asleep to the sunrise
My mind won't let me sleep at night
The norm is something I can't comprehend
All these questions just runnin through my head

And the answers
Few and far between

I wish I knew for sure
I wish I didn't have to wonder
When will the lightning strike
Cause I just hear the thunder
and my love
Is not the kind that fades, too easily
don't expect it just to go away
You already know what I wanna say

I fall asleep with you on my mind
I wake up to you and the sunrise
How i got so lucky i can't comprehend
Questions like these still run through my head

And the answers
I'll know, someday, I won't forget
I'll just know


Don't make me say it
You already know
Words are meaningless here
the actions show
Everything you need to know
Everything you've known all along
My love
Between the lines of your song

Because at the end of the day
Your choice never changes
You love me for all I am
For all of time
In every way



So...this is just a rough draft of a poem that I have been working on over time.


Your Truly,
Charissa A. Wallace


No comments:

Post a Comment